Digital signage has become really popular with the food service industry. Some folks will point to new advertising regulations but there is more to it than dietary information. You can simply do much more with digital signage content.
- Videos and animations help make products “pop” right off the menu.
- Menu items can be changed at a moment’s notice so you can instantly react to competitive pressures and stocking levels.
- You can create excitement around instant promotions.
- Connect with customers using social media.
- Use themed menus for holidays and other special events.
However, there are a few rules you should always follow.
- Clever use of fonts and colors can help up-sell items but using too many fonts or graphics can have the reverse effect.
- Good photography will boost sales but bad pictures will hurt them. Invest in good photography.
- Go for a clean design and use legible, properly sized fonts.
- Always check your content for spelling and pricing mistakes.
- Unless you are deploying industrial media player hardware, avoid hot / greasy / humid locations.
- Don’t try to cram too much information on your screens.
Call or email to learn more about digital signage content for your restaurant.